Easy to swallow and small tablet with zinc in a highly-absorbed form of citrate (zinc citrate).
Zinc is involved in several metabolic reactions in the body and is also important for fatty acid metabolism.
Men benefit from zinc because it helps blood testosterone levels stay normal. Zinc is an antioxidant, meaning it protects cells from oxidative stress.
Zinc helps keep the skin, hair, nails and bones normal, and promotes normal immune system function.
There is approximately 2000 mg of zinc in humans. Zinc is an essential nutrient for the body. Zinc is involved in numerous metabolic events. The activity of approximately 200 enzymes is known to depend on zinc.
- normal acid-alkali metabolism
- normal carbohydrate metabolism
- normal cognitive function
- normal DNA synthesis
- normal fertility and reproduction
- normal macronutrient metabolism
- normal fatty acid metabolism
- normal vitamin A metabolism
- normal protein synthesis
- keeping skeletal normal
- keeping hair normal
- keeping nails normal
- keeping skin normal
- keeping blood testosterone levels normal
- keeping eyesight normal
- normal immune system function
- the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Zink participates in the process of cellular multiplication
Zinc is required for the function of the enzyme delta-6-desaturase, which is important for fat metabolism, as well as for the metabolism of vitamin A. Zinc is stored in metallothionein compounds in the liver and intestine.